Personal injuries can happen to anyone, and they usually occur when people are least expecting them.
Maybe you were on your way to work on the road you drive every day. Perhaps you were bit by a dog in the park or slipped and fell at your neighborhood grocery store.
Whatever kind of personal injury you sustain, a knowledgeable personal injury attorney can help you recover your losses. Speaking to an attorney as soon as possible after sustaining your injuries can help you secure the compensation you deserve.
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Suffering a personal injury can leave you in pain while having to manage many details of your medical care and the aftermath of your accident. A personal injury lawyer can take over managing your personal injury claim and help you pursue compensation in many ways.
For example, your personal injury attorney and their staff can:
- Assess your injuries and the circumstances that caused them to tell you the type and value of your personal injury claim
- Uncover the facts of your accident and collect valuable evidence to prove your claim
- Investigate the individual who caused your accident to help prove liability and identify potential assets for compensation
- Help you resolve any outstanding property damage problems from the accident
- Analyze your financial losses from the accident, helping you collect and store medical bills and accident-related receipts
- Determine what insurance policies are in place that might cover your damages and what their limits are
- Protect you from insurance companies and adjusters who want to devalue or deny your claim
- Hire an accident reconstructionist if necessary to help further determine how your accident and injuries occurred and who might be liable
- Negotiate a full and fair settlement
- Litigate your claim if it becomes necessary
- Maximize the total value of your injury case
- Address your questions and concerns about your case throughout every stage
How Much Does a Personal Injury Attorney Cost?
Too many injured victims mistakenly think they can’t afford a personal injury lawyer or that having one is a luxury. However, everyone who sustains a personal injury deserves representation from a reputable attorney.
The good news is that most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. As such, they only get paid if they successfully recover compensation through a settlement or court award for their clients. Their fee is usually a percentage of the settlement or award obtained. If the case is unsuccessful, the client is not responsible for paying the lawyer’s fees.
Hire a Personal Injury Attorney to Help You
If you recently suffered a personal injury, chances are you are dealing with a lot right now. A personal injury attorney can help you immensely in shouldering these burdens and also fight for the compensation you deserve. Contacting one as soon as possible after learning of your injuries is in your best interest.For over 50 years, the award-winning personal injury lawyers at The Krist Law Firm, P.C. have helped injured victims and their families recover millions of dollars in compensation. They handle all types of personal injury cases, including Houston car and truck accidents, maritime injuries, wrongful death, and Houston motorcycle accidents.