Where ever you happen to be in the world, Covid-19 is never far away and with the winter coming, we all need to take precautions of every kind. Here are a few things that you can do to reduce the risk of becoming infected with Covid-19.
- Adequate Exercise – Even under lockdown, you should be exercising on a daily basis and there are lots of YouTube videos of workout routines that you can follow. A healthy body is a healthy mind, or so they say and a morning and evening workout will ensure that your major muscle groups are active.
- Balanced Diet – If you are under lockdown conditions and find it hard to source such things as fresh organic fruit and vegetables, there are small farms across Australia that sell their produce online and most offer free delivery. Fresh fruit and vegetables are essential for a balanced diet and if you think you might be lacking in vitamins or minerals, take a daily supplement, with everything from A-Z.
- Mental Well-Being – Just as important as your physical condition, it is easy to become stressed, especially is Covid-19 is affecting your income, or if you lost a family member to the virus. Talk to a Blacktown funeral director should you have suffered a loss, as they can handle every aspect of the process.
- Get Some Fresh Air – With summer well and truly upon us here in Australia, you should spend at least 30 minutes a day getting some fresh air and sunshine, which will help your immune system to remain strong. A brisk early morning walk before temperatures get too high is recommended and if you live near the coast, a walk along the beach is ideal.
- Social Interaction – Luckily, we have the Internet, so you can video call friends and family to keep in touch, as we all need some form of social contact, and by downloading the Zoom application, you can create private call groups when several people can join in a video conference. It might not be the same as meeting face to face, but online communication is better than nothing and it won’t be long before the pandemic is over and we can all return to normal. If you suffer from anxiety attacks, this article might prove to be invaluable.
- Set Aside Some Me Time – We all need a little time to indulge in a favourite interest, which might be listening to music or sitting with a good book, and by setting aside an hour or two at the end of the day, you can get some real enjoyment out of whatever it is you like to do with your free time.
One thing we should all do is keep an eye on the current Covid-19 updates, as the status can change in a very short time and by following the above advice, you can remain fit and healthy until we return to normal.