Data protection is becoming just as important as cloud solution providers. Data breaches and security concerns continue to affect consumers and businesses alike, so it makes sense that people would want to protect their information. The cloud can hold all kinds of data: text documents, music files, digital images and many other forms of media that are popular with modern users. Typically cloud storage offers a generous amount of free storage space for account holders’ use, which makes it even more appealing because consumers don’t have to pay a monthly fee in order to store data there. Here are 5 ways you can protect your data using cloud solutions:
- Trend Micro cloud solutions protect your cloud data from malware, viruses and other security risks.
- Have 2-step verification turned on. Two-step verification prompts the cloud user to enter an additional code that is sent to their phone or email in order to log into their account. This helps protect cloud accounts from hackers who may know the password because it makes breaking into your cloud account more difficult; you need both the password and the authorization code in order to access the account.
- Use Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). Virtual private networks encrypt cloud data before sending it between devices or servers, protecting cloud users against identity theft and/or espionage over public internet connections which can be less secure than private ones; this also protects cloud data because it’s encrypted with a strong security algorithm from cloud solution providers. VPNs also help cloud users evade censorship when accessing their cloud applications in certain countries.
- Use cloud storage encryption. Many cloud providers offers data encryption at rest, which is when the cloud server securely encrypted cloud data before storing it on the server to keep it safe from unauthorized access; this is different from file or folder level encryption because in order for a cloud user to access encrypted data in the cloud, they need a key in order to decrypt and read it.
- Verify your email address with cloud service providers periodically. Email verification ensures that if your account is compromised, you’ll be notified through that email address so you can change your password and take action against possible identity theft.
If you follow these cloud security tips, you’re more likely to protect your cloud data against hackers and unauthorized users. If you are interested in cloud solutions, Wave Technology provides cloud storage and cloud computing solutions that protect your data at rest, in transit and in use; they also offer cloud security to protect against malware, viruses and other threats. To learn more about cloud solutions, visit waveiton.com today!