The objective of Emphas.is Publishing is to create a collection of outstanding photojournalism/photo documentary books and to promote the author/photographer by publishing their work as they supremely picture it.
We offer to the photographer the possibility to publish his work in a traditional way by making sure that all production costs are financed in advance via our crowd-funding platform. Parallel to this, we're giving customized personal support throughout the whole creative, technological and practical publishing process.
Accordingly, we use only the best and most reputable printers in the trade, and pay extreme attention to all the aspects of the design and production of the photo book.
Getting the work published in the best possible way is the primary concern. We look at the publications as the ultimate way to give status to the photographer and the subject matter.
By pre-selling a limited edition to a highly concerned and involved public, we can finance an economically viable edition.
We do this by presenting the public a preview of the publication and offering them a limited time (60 days) to buy a limited edition of 100 copies. This is the core of the funding process. Each copy of the limited edition is numbered, signed and holds a small but authentic archival print of the photographer.
Parallel to this, we also offer the public the opportunity to buy the normal edition of the book and/or to purchase other authentic work of the photographer, such as archival prints or signed post cards. Also workshops or encounters with the photographer, media partnership or traditional sponsorship can be obtained via the platform.
All purchases are reserved and will only become effective when a minimum of 100% of the presented budget is reached within a time limit of maximum 60 days after the initial appearance on the platform. If a book does not reach its budget, all funds are returned to the backers.
Once a book is published, the pre-ordered copies will be send out and the normal edition will be available via the Emphas.is platform (e-shop) and selected bookshops around the world.
- Rémi Vallet just funded Zumstein Michaël for $400.
- marie matheron just funded Zumstein Michaël for $25.
- Philippe Brault just funded Zumstein Michaël for $50.
- Amy Yenkin just funded The Emphas.is Team for $65.
- barrail veronique just funded Zumstein Michaël for $50.
- Juliette Montesse just funded Zumstein Michaël for $40.
- Delphine Sureau just funded Lucas Schifres for $50.
- SCHIFRES SANDRINE just funded Lucas Schifres for $50.
- J-Aline GASNIER just funded Lucas Schifres for $50.
- Daphné ANGLES just funded The Emphas.is Team for $100.